Right Touch Editing employs thoroughly trained and vetted editors to meet your publication’s needs. Our editing services include:
- Developmental editing. We work with our authors to develop a text or evaluate a manuscript for writing style, content, and organization. When your boss hands you a writing assignment and you’re not sure how to begin, this is the edit you need.
- Line (substantive) editing. We correct copy for organization, structure, transitions, redundancy, jargon, sexist language, awkward construction, excessive use of passive voice, wordiness, logic, tone, and more. Often this is done with copyediting.
- Copyediting. We correct copy for spelling, grammar, punctuation, style, usage, sentence structure, sentence length, and paragraph length. Our most popular service!
- Fact-checking. We will check accuracy of the facts in the copy. As an add-on service (usually to copyediting), we’ll check easily verifiable facts, such as names, URLs, and dates. As a standalone service, we’ll dig deeper into the facts of your manuscript, including concepts, quotes, physical descriptions, product claims, and more.
- Proofreading. This is the last review of copy before it’s published. We will correct copy for typos, spelling, grammar, punctuation, usage, and style.